Please log in or register.
Please log in or register.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Tyler's red lupo

Go down 
+9
big deano
RDub
AlexHardy91
pacey90
VWCal
MrSloanes
Jak
ArosaProject
tyler_lupo
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
tyler_lupo
tyler_lupo

Scrubs : 12

Tyler's red lupo Empty
PostSubject: Tyler's red lupo   Tyler's red lupo Icon_minitimeMon Jan 21, 2013 1:46 am

So after introducing myself in the new members section, it was time to start a thread..

Here's benji, a 2001 VW lupo 1.0L. I've owned him now for 6 months, and lets say hes had a few things done.

Back in July the day i picked him up
Tyler's red lupo IMG-20120708-00965
Tyler's red lupo IMG-20120708-00966
Tyler's red lupo IMG-20120708-00967
Tyler's red lupo IMG-20120708-00968

benji stayed this way for about a week until the cravings sunk in, which in turn spurred me into taking the coilovers off my old (and pretty sorry looking) lupo and swapped onto benji
Tyler's red lupo IMG-20120714-01007
Tyler's red lupo IMG-20120714-01006

Then around October time my pedal box had had enough, and left me and benji sat at the side of the road for 3 hours waiting for recovery. Here's a couple photos of the repair job
Tyler's red lupo IMG-20121015-01278
Tyler's red lupo IMG-20121015-01279

Also heres a few random photos..
Tyler's red lupo IMG-20120723-01031
Tyler's red lupo IMG-20120722-01022
Tyler's red lupo IMG-20120722-01024
Tyler's red lupo IMG-20121031-01308_zpsa12c964f
Tyler's red lupo IMG_3962_zpsfe69b85b

I also have a set of Mk3 Golf 'mini G60's', which are 14" by 6". I will put photos of them up once they have gone through refurb.

Thanks, Tyler
Back to top Go down
ArosaProject
Forum God
Forum God
ArosaProject

Scrubs : -5

Tyler's red lupo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tyler's red lupo   Tyler's red lupo Icon_minitimeMon Jan 21, 2013 2:12 am

Nice little example, that is some crazy camber on the back Shocked
Back to top Go down
Jak
Staff Member
Staff Member
Jak

Scrubs : -14

Tyler's red lupo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tyler's red lupo   Tyler's red lupo Icon_minitimeMon Jan 21, 2013 2:14 am

Nice and simple. Lije it dude Smile
Back to top Go down
tyler_lupo
tyler_lupo

Tyler's red lupo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tyler's red lupo   Tyler's red lupo Icon_minitimeMon Jan 21, 2013 2:43 am

Arosaproject wrote:
Nice little example, that is some crazy camber on the back Shocked

Thanks mate, aha yeah i just realised i forgot to mention it. The camber has been fitted for the last couple months and yeah it is pretty crazy haha.. but tbf i havent noticed any difference in the way it drives.

Back to top Go down
tyler_lupo
tyler_lupo

Tyler's red lupo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tyler's red lupo   Tyler's red lupo Icon_minitimeMon Jan 21, 2013 2:45 am

Jak wrote:
Nice and simple. Lije it dude Smile

Thanks mate Smile
Back to top Go down
MrSloanes
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator
MrSloanes

Scrubs : 291

Tyler's red lupo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tyler's red lupo   Tyler's red lupo Icon_minitimeMon Jan 21, 2013 3:59 am

Nice mate, I love a bit camber. Get them wheels spaced out and it will look unreal with the camber once its flush. Nice car tho buddy. Look even better once ur sticker gets popped on Razz
Back to top Go down
http://dubascrub.co.uk
tyler_lupo
tyler_lupo

Tyler's red lupo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tyler's red lupo   Tyler's red lupo Icon_minitimeMon Jan 21, 2013 4:48 am

Thanks very much.. Yeah i have a soft spot for some camber myself haha, and yeah i've got a rough plan for spacers of maybe 25mm up front and 30mm out back.. i have to admit these measurements are ones i took myself with a tape measure so ill be double checking these again before going any further.

Haha yeah it will.. placed an order for one earlier Wink
Back to top Go down
VWCal
Staff Member
Staff Member
VWCal

Scrubs : 81

Tyler's red lupo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tyler's red lupo   Tyler's red lupo Icon_minitimeMon Jan 21, 2013 5:10 am

Look forward to this on the new steels! Looks good man!
Back to top Go down
tyler_lupo
tyler_lupo

Tyler's red lupo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tyler's red lupo   Tyler's red lupo Icon_minitimeMon Jan 21, 2013 5:19 am

Thanks alot mate Smile steels are just awaiting paint so next couple weeks hopefully.

Also i forgot to mention that benji is currently away at the bodyshop, and is due back tomorrow depending on weather

Thanks, Tyler
Back to top Go down
tyler_lupo
tyler_lupo

Tyler's red lupo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tyler's red lupo   Tyler's red lupo Icon_minitimeThu Jan 24, 2013 8:43 am

Soo benjis been away at the body shop for a week now, and this morning i picked him up Very Happy

Here's a quick list of whats happened.. Smooth upper front bumper, door strips removed, rear bumper resprayed and repair to upper part of the bootlid.

That's enough said, ill let the photos talk for themselves

Tyler's red lupo IMG_3975_zps0c10b062
Tyler's red lupo IMG_3977_zps6343c98b
Tyler's red lupo IMG_3976_zps2a2955dc
Tyler's red lupo IMG_3982_zps00b209b3
Tyler's red lupo IMG_3984_zpsb7dcafca
Tyler's red lupo IMG_3987_zpsf273d479
Tyler's red lupo IMG_3988_zpse1216d20
Tyler's red lupo IMG_3991_zps92c7dd37
Tyler's red lupo IMG_3990_zps153f0fee
Tyler's red lupo IMG_3996_zps12b991bb

Up next is finishing off my wheels and sorting out the stance

Thanks, Tyler
Back to top Go down
MrSloanes
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator
MrSloanes

Scrubs : 291

Tyler's red lupo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tyler's red lupo   Tyler's red lupo Icon_minitimeThu Jan 24, 2013 9:12 am

very very nice mate. love this. Lupos suit trims imo i love it the way it is lol. That smooth bumper looks like a proper top job. I think lupos look a lot lower and wider with the reg on bottom grill
Back to top Go down
http://dubascrub.co.uk
tyler_lupo
tyler_lupo

Tyler's red lupo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tyler's red lupo   Tyler's red lupo Icon_minitimeThu Jan 24, 2013 9:21 am

Thanks very much Very Happy Yeah tbf i quite like the trims on it, especially with the car lowered on them. Yeah i have to admit i was over the moon with the quality of work on the bumper. in all fairness placing the reg there was compete coincidence, atleast it works there though haha
Back to top Go down
pacey90
Staff Member
Staff Member

Scrubs : 39

Tyler's red lupo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tyler's red lupo   Tyler's red lupo Icon_minitimeThu Jan 24, 2013 10:28 am

looks class m8
Back to top Go down
tyler_lupo
tyler_lupo

Tyler's red lupo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tyler's red lupo   Tyler's red lupo Icon_minitimeThu Jan 24, 2013 10:54 am

Thank you.. i'm really pleased with it
Back to top Go down
ArosaProject
Forum God
Forum God
ArosaProject

Scrubs : -5

Tyler's red lupo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tyler's red lupo   Tyler's red lupo Icon_minitimeThu Jan 24, 2013 6:47 pm

Looking good fella, make a mount cos don't take this the wrong way but you have just spent all that money on the bumper the used 2 20p cable ties to hold the number plate on, buy vwcal's golf wheels, they look sick on lupos, just an idea Wink
Back to top Go down
tyler_lupo
tyler_lupo

Tyler's red lupo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tyler's red lupo   Tyler's red lupo Icon_minitimeFri Jan 25, 2013 5:52 am

Thanks bud.. And no worries i agree with you on the cable ties haha, im gonna make some over the weekend hopefully.

Ahh which ones, the 5 spokes he had on first? tbf i would look into getting them cause his car did look ace with them on, but ive already got my steelies.. Might have to have a think actually haha
Back to top Go down
AlexHardy91
Forum God
Forum God

Scrubs : -13

Tyler's red lupo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tyler's red lupo   Tyler's red lupo Icon_minitimeWed Feb 06, 2013 1:56 am

This looks nice man. Are those polo trims? What tyres you thinking of getting on the 14's?
Thing of going for 14's myself when ever I can afford em haha but with a resonably tall (not ballooned) side wall, just to try and get a more retro looking wheel and tyres combo

Smooth bumper looks nice but I don't agree with the plate placement. i just think it looks a bit odd and an after thought. not that theres anywhere else you can put it without the old bill having something to say about it haha You taking it off for shows and stuff?
Back to top Go down
tyler_lupo
tyler_lupo

Tyler's red lupo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tyler's red lupo   Tyler's red lupo Icon_minitimeWed Feb 06, 2013 2:35 am

Thanks mate, and yeah they are polo trims.. off the 6n2 i think

As for tyres i think im going for 155/55/14s.. i saw these on adams canica blue arosa, and they look pretty tidy on the steelies.. lowish profile and a tiny bit of stretch.
What 14's are you looking at mate? Yeah cant beat abit of retro haha

Glad you like it.. Tbh i dont know where to put the plate now, id love to fully ditch it but like you said the old bill would have a different opinion.
Yeah ill be taking it off for shows (if i manage to get to any lol) Im still looking at making a removable mount for it, but havent had much time
Back to top Go down
AlexHardy91
Forum God
Forum God

Tyler's red lupo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tyler's red lupo   Tyler's red lupo Icon_minitimeWed Feb 06, 2013 2:56 am

Can you get a plate surround that's detatchable?
What shows you thinking of doing? I wanna try and get to as many as I can this year. Only went to vw fest last year, it was awesome but I wanted to do more Sad
I remember them on the arosa looked quite nice, will look totally different on the loop though just because the arosa has a more aggressive look to it than the loop so I reckon you can get away with them better than Adam did as his looks much nicer on the 15's

I'm not really sure yet, I'm always changing my mind on wheels tbh matey. I'm thinking of getting some bbs ra's or something. Ill just have to see when I get money for em haha
Back to top Go down
tyler_lupo
tyler_lupo

Tyler's red lupo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tyler's red lupo   Tyler's red lupo Icon_minitimeWed Feb 06, 2013 3:26 am

Erm that's a good question actually.. Gonna have a look into that, cause that's a good idea mate.

Well i havent been to any before, but i was hoping maybe to go to early edition.. And then as many others as i can squeeze in.
ive heard alot about vw fest, which ones are you planning on going to this year?

Yeah they were pretty awesome on his car.. Defo looking forward to getting them on the lupo, i havent seen adams on the 15s.. gonna have to have a look

I get what you mean there, took me a while to pic these steelies.. Ra's are nice, have you thought about vw starlites? theyre a very nice 14''
Back to top Go down
AlexHardy91
Forum God
Forum God

Tyler's red lupo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tyler's red lupo   Tyler's red lupo Icon_minitimeWed Feb 06, 2013 3:33 am

This spring dub what ever it is haha vw fest and edition I summer matey and just what ever else pops up I guess.

I did like the starlights but I dunno I think I went off them :/ and I don't think they'd suit the moody retro look I wanna go for haha vw castalettes I think would work but like I say it's probs a while off yet before I get any haha.

But yeah I'll have a look too for the plate surrounds myself because they'd be sweet for show plates or something
Back to top Go down
AlexHardy91
Forum God
Forum God

Tyler's red lupo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tyler's red lupo   Tyler's red lupo Icon_minitimeWed Feb 06, 2013 3:39 am

Found one from us it's not terrably useful but it's a good idea, it just bolts into the towing eye hole on the front of most cars. I know the loop doesn't have a removable tow eye

http://www.cravenspeed.com/the-platypus/
Back to top Go down
tyler_lupo
tyler_lupo

Tyler's red lupo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tyler's red lupo   Tyler's red lupo Icon_minitimeWed Feb 06, 2013 3:50 am

Yeah, whichever ones can get too.

Ahh fair enough, theyre not really retro tbf..
Those castalettes look very similar to porsche d90's, very nice though.. bet theyre rare?

Just checked out that link and it looks perfect, but the tow eye doesnt screw off lupos
Back to top Go down
AlexHardy91
Forum God
Forum God

Tyler's red lupo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tyler's red lupo   Tyler's red lupo Icon_minitimeWed Feb 06, 2013 3:56 am

I know it's a right shame init
Back to top Go down
tyler_lupo
tyler_lupo

Tyler's red lupo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tyler's red lupo   Tyler's red lupo Icon_minitimeWed Feb 06, 2013 4:04 am

Yeah.. Oh well, back to the drawing board haha
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Tyler's red lupo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tyler's red lupo   Tyler's red lupo Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tyler's red lupo
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next