Please log in or register.
Please log in or register.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Jord's GTI

Go down 
+5
v-dub-ee-dan
pacey90
Jak
ArosaProject
Jord
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
AlexHardy91
Forum God
Forum God

Scrubs : -13

Jord's GTI - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jord's GTI   Jord's GTI - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 22, 2013 1:44 am

Shiny!
Back to top Go down
pacey90
Staff Member
Staff Member

Scrubs : 39

PostSubject: Re: Jord's GTI   Jord's GTI - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 22, 2013 4:48 am

paint looks gd to me m8 lol come to next meet and get to meet us all Smile
Back to top Go down
Jord
Jord

Scrubs : 2

PostSubject: Re: Jord's GTI   Jord's GTI - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 22, 2013 9:32 pm

The camera doesn't show up all the chips and scratches. I've had a few quotes for a respray but got other stuff to sort first
Back to top Go down
Jord
Jord

PostSubject: Re: Jord's GTI   Jord's GTI - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 28, 2013 6:41 pm

Well had an eventful Friday night, was driving back from Newcastle and the car was sitting at 90o come off into birtley look down and the gauge is at 45o and still going down. Got home and took off the expansion cap. Gauge went back to 90o put cap on and went back down.

Went to vw and got a new coolant temp sensor and fitted that yesterday as been away for the weekend up in Edinburgh and all seems well for now.

My birthday is coming up soon so I should have some lows pretty soon.
Back to top Go down
Jord
Jord

PostSubject: Re: Jord's GTI   Jord's GTI - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 02, 2013 7:52 pm

Well I have some good news and bad news......... Coilovers have been ordered! However i need to wait until my birthday before I can fit them as they are a present off the missus. However she has said that I can check that they are the right ones when they arrive so I may get a pic or two.

Also put my name down for a rolling road day with my mate on another forum, not expecting any great figures just want to know how many it has lost over the years really and how many it ha left.

That's all for now but I will update once I get more.

Thanks

Jord
Back to top Go down
Jord
Jord

PostSubject: Jord's GTI - New parcel!   Jord's GTI - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 06, 2013 1:22 am

So I had a delivery today.

Jord's GTI - Page 2 Image-19

Although I can't fit them yet as they are for my birthday which means I have to wait before I get them.

So hopefully in the next few weeks I should be low.

Thanks

Jord
Back to top Go down
pacey90
Staff Member
Staff Member

PostSubject: Re: Jord's GTI   Jord's GTI - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 06, 2013 8:21 am

i love lowssss:-D:-D
Back to top Go down
Jord
Jord

PostSubject: Re: Jord's GTI   Jord's GTI - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 06, 2013 5:59 pm

pacey90 wrote:
i love lowssss:-D:-D

Me too, just collecting parts now in order to do it as soon as.
Back to top Go down
MrSloanes
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator
MrSloanes

Scrubs : 291

PostSubject: Re: Jord's GTI   Jord's GTI - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 06, 2013 7:43 pm

Nice mate. Best time of owning a car this! When ur coilies or air setup arrives!

Exciting times ahead mate!
Back to top Go down
http://dubascrub.co.uk
Jord
Jord

PostSubject: Re: Jord's GTI   Jord's GTI - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 10, 2013 6:27 am

So I've been wanting to update my headlights for a few weeks but dust want anything aftermarket so I was on the look for a few sets of headlights to break down and paint. Now you might know that you can do this with the bits headlights but its a struggle with golf ones getting the glass off.

As I found out when I smashed a lense trying to separate one:( however I have spent a whole day on getting this lense out and it has paid off so time and patience is the key.

This is what they will look like painted. And the next is if I decide to twin indicate them.

I still need another set to break down in order to finish these so if anyone is selling a pair cheap or knows anyone please let me know.

Jord's GTI - Page 2 Image-20

Jord's GTI - Page 2 Image-21

Also wor lass has said I can have my coilovers as an early birthday present so hopefully by next week I should be low. Just need to get new bearings and mounts for the front before I can do them. I should get the back ones on at the start of the week.

Fingers crosses everything goes smoothly.

Watch this space

Thanks

Jord
Back to top Go down
pacey90
Staff Member
Staff Member

PostSubject: Re: Jord's GTI   Jord's GTI - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 10, 2013 6:50 am

lights look gd m8 u comin to the meet next weekend get the coils on for then lol:)
Back to top Go down
Jord
Jord

PostSubject: Re: Jord's GTI   Jord's GTI - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 10, 2013 7:25 am

pacey90 wrote:
lights look gd m8 u comin to the meet next weekend get the coils on for then lol:)
Unfortunately I'm not going to be, I'm going to mighty dubs with my old man. I do aim to have them done by next week though.

So hopefully the next meet.
Back to top Go down
Jord
Jord

PostSubject: Re: Jord's GTI   Jord's GTI - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 11, 2013 11:15 pm

So I have fitted the rears and they are fully down as I put the adjusters in on the lowest setting by accident! and now I cant get them back up.

Im going to get new bearings and topmounts etc for when I do the front so at the minute I'm rolling around like a saxo. Front up and arse down.

Heres some pics

Before
Jord's GTI - Page 2 Image-22

During
Jord's GTI - Page 2 Image-25

Finished
Jord's GTI - Page 2 Image-27

Jord's GTI - Page 2 Image-23

Jord's GTI - Page 2 Image-26

Comments and opinions welcome....

Thanks

Jord
Back to top Go down
pacey90
Staff Member
Staff Member

PostSubject: Re: Jord's GTI   Jord's GTI - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 12, 2013 2:50 am

mint lowsss:-) wont before u take the adjuster cup out lol more lows lol
Back to top Go down
Jord
Jord

PostSubject: Re: Jord's GTI   Jord's GTI - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 12, 2013 5:53 am

pacey90 wrote:
mint lowsss:-) wont before u take the adjuster cup out lol more lows lol

It won't be happening yet as I need to get he fronts on and then wait for them to settle. Took me like an hour to raise them back up but I've raised it up so I've got about 6 exposed threads at the top if the adjuster and about and inch and half at the bottom. Just so it's not looking like a saxo.
Back to top Go down
Jord
Jord

PostSubject: Re: Jord's GTI   Jord's GTI - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 04, 2013 8:50 pm

Well it's been a while since I updated and that's because well. 

Nowt has happened about from it shitting its self practically in limp mode but no warning lights for a bout a week then it completely shat itself going up a hill. So treated her to some new plugs, filter, ht leads, and coil pack and still no joy. Then it magically game back to life one Friday and has been fine since! So £100 down and still don't know what the problem was. However I've washed mine and the girlfriends car again after about 8 weeks since the last one. The dodo juice hard wax is pretty good. 

Still haven't got my front coils on yet as every time I go to do it I can't be bothered. And I also don't have any new bearings or mounts yet so they may be on by Xmas time as I don't like working in the cold so really need to pull my finger out. 

Does anyone near me have a vw strut spreader it's like a 7mm Allen key but oval? It's just to spread the strut to get it out. I'll happily pay to borrow it? As I don't fancy buying on to never use it again after I've hot them on.

Also I fancy some new wheels or getting the ones I've got rerurbed but I'm not sure what colour. Any ideas? I don't want something like black as that's what everyone does but not somthing thy will get noticed. Something shuttle but clean?.

Thanks

Jordan
Back to top Go down
Jord
Jord

PostSubject: FINALLY!!!    Jord's GTI - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 31, 2013 5:44 pm

Well it's finally been done my front end is lowered! After 2 months of driving round like with stance saxo it's fully coiled. Just need the springs to settle then ill adjust them. 

Ill take some pics later for proof.
Back to top Go down
Frosty_GTi
Frosty_GTi

Scrubs : 5

PostSubject: Re: Jord's GTI   Jord's GTI - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 01, 2013 10:47 pm

Just a bit of advice mate as I found out with me a3 which is the same platform as yours you need a tt/s3/r32 front arb to run decent lows on the front as the standard arb catches the driveshaft and adjustable droplinks do bot all to help trust me I know. Or you can just remove the arb completely like alot of mk4 guys do.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/mfrostwick
Jord
Jord

PostSubject: Re: Jord's GTI   Jord's GTI - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 02, 2013 12:46 am

Cheers pal but I don't think I'm going to run it that low tbh. It's fairly bad roads round where I live so I don't want to risk catching anything.
Back to top Go down
Jord
Jord

PostSubject: Re: Jord's GTI   Jord's GTI - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 16, 2014 1:39 am

Well well well..... It's been fairly long since I updated this and we'll not a lot has changed. Well nothing has actually apart from a new head unit, as the old 6 changer packed up. That was for valentines day. So didn't cost anything.

For Christmas I got a new auto glym kit, when I can be bothered to wash it, it really does shine and gives a nice glossy look. 

However I do need some more snow foam. Used the last on our lasses.

Recently had a big problem with oil in the water. Not mayo which would explain a hg the other way. Water was like think brown sludge, really nasty stuff. Flushed it twice and it was fine. Drove to work and it was back so towed it a garage and got the head checked and hg changed with a few other parts like cam sensor etc and £440 lighter. 

She's back! And so far running well. Need to run it a few days and then flush the system again and it'll be perfectlyperfectly
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Jord's GTI   Jord's GTI - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Jord's GTI
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Motors :: Members Rides-
Jump to: