Please log in or register.
Please log in or register.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Short rant,,, bloody tyres!

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
AlexHardy91
Forum God
Forum God

Scrubs : -13

Short rant,,, bloody tyres! Empty
PostSubject: Short rant,,, bloody tyres!   Short rant,,, bloody tyres! Icon_minitimeMon Feb 04, 2013 11:53 pm

Right yesterday I drove around a few garages in boro needing four new tyres on Oscar. Shouldn't have been a difficult task I thought as he's still on his steels, right? Only to be told by evey single garage that they either didn't have themin stock or that they were gunna cost me nearly £50 a tyre. So I thought I'll get them in barnsley.

So today I've been to every garage I could think of/ find and I got exactly the same response from every shop; 'they're right odd balls they are.' To which I then responded 'how?' Haha 'there must be thousands of lupos, arosas and polos on the same size tyres, do they just never change them?'
'Oh we can order you a set in for £50 odd a tyre!' One guy said the cheapest 'budgets' they could get we're £75 so I just laughed at them and walked straight out.

After a short look on camskill I find falkons for £36. Rng one of them back tell them that and ask how much for fitting and all of a sudden he can get some continental barums for 170 fitted tomorrow. Bangin'

Rant over
Back to top Go down
VWCal
Staff Member
Staff Member
VWCal

Scrubs : 81

PostSubject: Re: Short rant,,, bloody tyres!   Short rant,,, bloody tyres! Icon_minitimeTue Feb 05, 2013 12:28 am

My local tyre place wanted to charge me the same, £50 a tyre on my steels! Told him to stick it!
Then when I went to get some fitted on some different wheels I had my own tyres just wanted them fitted on the wheels.......the guy looked at the tyres and said 'I have never seen 165/40r16 tyres in my whole time working here, didn't even know there was such a thing??'

What kind of fucks work at these places haha
Back to top Go down
AlexHardy91
Forum God
Forum God

PostSubject: Re: Short rant,,, bloody tyres!   Short rant,,, bloody tyres! Icon_minitimeTue Feb 05, 2013 12:37 am

I know man tell me about it haha
I was considering just buying some new wheels but I'd still not be able to put tyres on em haha
Absolute nightmare man
Back to top Go down
RDub
Forum Furniture
Forum Furniture
RDub

Scrubs : 33

PostSubject: Re: Short rant,,, bloody tyres!   Short rant,,, bloody tyres! Icon_minitimeTue Feb 05, 2013 12:47 am

tyre places are shite; had a few places say that 195 50 15 is the smallest you should go on a 7j x 15 rim. Just do the usually jobby of going to scrap yard; 40 quid, got a set of 3/4 tread tyres Smile
Back to top Go down
Bigste69
Bigste69

Scrubs : 0

PostSubject: Re: Short rant,,, bloody tyres!   Short rant,,, bloody tyres! Icon_minitimeTue Feb 05, 2013 3:12 am

Got my tires off mytires.com good service! Got them fitted at my mates garage, job done!
Back to top Go down
AlexHardy91
Forum God
Forum God

PostSubject: Re: Short rant,,, bloody tyres!   Short rant,,, bloody tyres! Icon_minitimeTue Feb 05, 2013 9:32 am

Aye I would have ordered the falkons but I don't have a mates garage down here Sad
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Short rant,,, bloody tyres!   Short rant,,, bloody tyres! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Short rant,,, bloody tyres!
Page 1 of 1