Please log in or register.
Please log in or register.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

My VW Fest prep!

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
jhenderson
jhenderson

Scrubs : 7

My VW Fest prep! Empty
PostSubject: My VW Fest prep!   My VW Fest prep! Icon_minitimeSat Aug 18, 2012 9:29 am

The car was not really in a bad state so it made life a bit easier, 1st of all the car started off with a high pressure rinse to remove any loose dirt, the a coating of snowfoam of 4 parts AG all purpose cleaner and 1 part AG bodywork shampoo

My VW Fest prep! D0491c39

whilst the foam was doing its work, i went round the car with a detailer brush, badges, window seals, grills,petrol cap, lights any gap!

the wheels were cleaned with AG clean wheels using various brushes and the tyres cleaned using a scrubbing brush

the engine bay was cleaned using AG engine and machine cleaner and the snowfoam mixture

My VW Fest prep! 54cf10d9
My VW Fest prep! B482b6e9

after another high pressure rinse the exact same process was repeated and again another rinse and the car looked like this

My VW Fest prep! E6acec16

next i washed the car with AG bodywork shampoo using a lambswool mit and 2 bucket method using clear buckets

My VW Fest prep! 981d4d68

the car was high pressure rinsed and the 2 bucket method repeated and this is the result of the bucket after car looking 'clean' to start with
My VW Fest prep! Ca336fd2
after the second wash the car was rinsed with an open end hose to screen the water

My VW Fest prep! Bd99bb65
this is how the car looked after the 2 bucket clean
My VW Fest prep! 348c5017

thought it was time to have a little break
My VW Fest prep! 9b4a0e35

the car was dried off using micro fibre drying towels and a AG aqua blade and AG rapid detailer to aid with the drying

next i went around the whole car and marked any tar spots or dirt spots with masking tape and the car was clayed using AG clay bar and AG rapid detailer as lube and buffed off using a micro fibre cloth
My VW Fest prep! 5fab22a6

the car was then fully masked up to cover all the gaps seams and spot where polish residue could get
apologies for the scene tape

My VW Fest prep! Fa864f4f
My VW Fest prep! 7188493e

next i went around the car with AG super resin polish buffing off with a perfect polishing cloth then a coating of AG extra gloss protection leaving for 45 minutes and buffing off

My VW Fest prep! 732ad1c7

next came a coat of AG high definition cleanser to remove any polish residue and any other dirt that made its way onto the body work in prep for waxing
My VW Fest prep! E2d6ec28
next came the wax, like the rest i used another Auto Glym product, i cant fault any of them and im really pleased with the results i get
My VW Fest prep! E15154df
My VW Fest prep! F5d93ff6
i applied the coat of wax leaving 15mins for each panel to cure then buffed off, the car was moved into the sun for 30 -45minutes to allow the wax to sweat and then back into the shade and the car buffed again the process was repeated so i was left with 2 coats of wax and one clean car
My VW Fest prep! 884ef173
My VW Fest prep! B8c22c4a
My VW Fest prep! E8385c0a
My VW Fest prep! 67faddc8
My VW Fest prep! Cb00198c
the wheels were sealed using rim wax and the tyres dressed with turtle wax nano tech tyre gel

at the show the car wheel be given a going over with AG rapid detailer, glass and trim cleaned with AG fast glass and glass given a coat of AG car glass polish and the tyres and good coating of meguires hot shine

hope you enjoyed this small novel and look forward to hearing your reaction post any tips for me and ask me any questions you want we can all help each other, looking forward to VW FEST! cheers
Back to top Go down
Josh w
Forum God
Forum God
Josh w

Scrubs : -6

My VW Fest prep! Empty
PostSubject: Re: My VW Fest prep!   My VW Fest prep! Icon_minitimeMon Aug 20, 2012 5:17 am

Looked awesome this at weekend mate Smile
Back to top Go down
jhenderson
jhenderson

Scrubs : 7

My VW Fest prep! Empty
PostSubject: Re: My VW Fest prep!   My VW Fest prep! Icon_minitimeMon Aug 20, 2012 9:03 am

Josh w wrote:
Looked awesome this at weekend mate Smile

cheers fella, right back at you, loved the polo
Back to top Go down
Josh w
Forum God
Forum God
Josh w

Scrubs : -6

My VW Fest prep! Empty
PostSubject: Re: My VW Fest prep!   My VW Fest prep! Icon_minitimeMon Aug 20, 2012 9:18 am

Cheers man! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

My VW Fest prep! Empty
PostSubject: Re: My VW Fest prep!   My VW Fest prep! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My VW Fest prep!
Page 1 of 1