Please log in or register.
Please log in or register.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

A coupe called Kermit :)

Go down 
+13
tomatkinson23
RDub
jonnygt
ArosaProject
iMurray
dublass
lupo
pacey90
AlexHardy91
Josh w
Jak
MrSloanes
v-dub-ee-dan
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
AuthorMessage
MrSloanes
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator
MrSloanes

Scrubs : 291

A coupe called Kermit :) - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: A coupe called Kermit :)   A coupe called Kermit :) - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed May 08, 2013 9:23 am

Reckon some photos on the cards for this soon then?
Back to top Go down
http://dubascrub.co.uk
v-dub-ee-dan
Forum Furniture
Forum Furniture
v-dub-ee-dan

Scrubs : 41

PostSubject: Re: A coupe called Kermit :)   A coupe called Kermit :) - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed May 08, 2013 10:06 am

Once I get the rear sorted so they poke abit more then hell yeah haha
Back to top Go down
v-dub-ee-dan
Forum Furniture
Forum Furniture
v-dub-ee-dan

PostSubject: Re: A coupe called Kermit :)   A coupe called Kermit :) - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat May 11, 2013 8:27 am

So done abit of work in the polo this time.. Fabricated a blanking plate for my vent and modified the inner of the vent to house my oil pressure guage Smile even tapped into the dash ligjts so it lights up Very Happy
A coupe called Kermit :) - Page 7 CAM00562_zpsf9491a8b
just need to fit sender unit which is tomorrows job Wink watch this space...
Back to top Go down
v-dub-ee-dan
Forum Furniture
Forum Furniture
v-dub-ee-dan

PostSubject: Re: A coupe called Kermit :)   A coupe called Kermit :) - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri May 31, 2013 6:24 am

Been a while but heres a lil pic from volksfling 2013 at biggar...
A coupe called Kermit :) - Page 7 981730_10151376494257132_1116970061_o_zps26e18b46

more to follow Smile
Back to top Go down
MrSloanes
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator
MrSloanes

PostSubject: Re: A coupe called Kermit :)   A coupe called Kermit :) - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri May 31, 2013 6:42 am

Looks class as always mate. Normallu id say it looks better in person but it looks amazing on thay pic
Back to top Go down
v-dub-ee-dan
Forum Furniture
Forum Furniture
v-dub-ee-dan

PostSubject: Re: A coupe called Kermit :)   A coupe called Kermit :) - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri May 31, 2013 7:17 am

Haha cheers bud Smile was really happy with it heading up there got amazing mgp out of it too lol 465 miles and still wasnt in the red lol and thats with 2 people and fuck loads of camping stuff lol ooo and I maybe driving another vw in few months time also hehe keeping the polo tho. Ill never get rid of this old gall lol
Back to top Go down
v-dub-ee-dan
Forum Furniture
Forum Furniture
v-dub-ee-dan

PostSubject: Re: A coupe called Kermit :)   A coupe called Kermit :) - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 29, 2013 12:03 pm

soo been about a month since I updated anything lol

erm been busy keeping the old gall running with..

new spark plugs
new fuel filter
HT leads
dizzy and a few other bits n bobs

also started on getting my paintwork de swirled Smile I have some pics however I really cant be bothered to upload them as its nearly 2am lol

Also I am picking up a 1.0l engine for next to nothing for the old gall Smile 
plans for that are to get it stripped and have new bearings put throughout, port the head and put a GT cam in it and mate it up with a GT inlet and exhaust mani lol

now I know a few people may be thinking why would you bother its only a 1.0l lol but the standard 1.0l makes only 45bhp new so just want to see what power you can actualy get out of one lol and anyway wheres the harm in trying hahaha
Back to top Go down
v-dub-ee-dan
Forum Furniture
Forum Furniture
v-dub-ee-dan

PostSubject: Re: A coupe called Kermit :)   A coupe called Kermit :) - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 03, 2013 5:48 am

New! 

Plans for this year..

New headlights                                   (Tick)
Indicators
side repeaters
Custom rear bumper and valance      
1.05ltr with..                                       (Tick)
GT head ((ported)
GT cam
Hopefully carbs too

Let the tick list begin...
Back to top Go down
v-dub-ee-dan
Forum Furniture
Forum Furniture
v-dub-ee-dan

PostSubject: Re: A coupe called Kermit :)   A coupe called Kermit :) - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 06, 2013 6:15 am

So since puttinv my name up for the VW Fest clubstand I have been going all out on getting her paint to the best it can be just incase im picked lol

Using asdas finest mircofiber cloths and my poorboys SSR-1 light swirl removal. I realy recomend this stuff and most of the stuf they make as it is the best I have found to date. However after 2hours of rubbing in tiny circles my wrist is now as limp as Elton johns sausage in a strip joint. Only have done around 1/10th of the paintwork so far however its starting to look the best its ever been Smile

I shall post up new pics of her new shine once I have compleated a whole side lol
Back to top Go down
v-dub-ee-dan
Forum Furniture
Forum Furniture
v-dub-ee-dan

PostSubject: Re: A coupe called Kermit :)   A coupe called Kermit :) - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 09, 2013 10:33 am

Little update. I havr found more things that fit nicely into my retro theme lol and all I needed to do was clear out my dads garage lol. First we have an UNUSED sparkrite alarm system and I mean never been fitted with 2 key fobs and wiring diagram lol its imactulate. (Pic bellow)
And secondly is the smallest car radio in history lmao its a tiny radio that was fitted to my dads old fiat 900 camper. Made by a company called voxson. As you will see in the pics bellow its tiny. The red part (the actual radio) is no bigger than two aa batteries and the backing plate is still rather small. Its detactable and will be perfect for mounting in a descrete location so that I can either have more dials where the radio goes or have my cb mounted up there as Mattloaf pointed out lol anyway here are some pics to keep you peeps happy

A coupe called Kermit :) - Page 7 CAM00688_zps81821d6f
A coupe called Kermit :) - Page 7 CAM00686_zps004e402f

A coupe called Kermit :) - Page 7 CAM00687_zpsf840b91a
sorry for the terrible photos it was sunny and well my phones camera is totaly pap lol
Back to top Go down
v-dub-ee-dan
Forum Furniture
Forum Furniture
v-dub-ee-dan

PostSubject: Re: A coupe called Kermit :)   A coupe called Kermit :) - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 12, 2013 2:41 am

Ill just leave these here Razz

A coupe called Kermit :) - Page 7 CAM00695_zps196a07e9
A coupe called Kermit :) - Page 7 CAM00692_zpsd160636d

And the BEST....
A coupe called Kermit :) - Page 7 CAM00697_zpsf5cb1f6a
Back to top Go down
v-dub-ee-dan
Forum Furniture
Forum Furniture
v-dub-ee-dan

PostSubject: Re: A coupe called Kermit :)   A coupe called Kermit :) - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 20, 2013 7:27 am

Oh things just get better.... huge fuel problem... will get pics up soon of where my petrol is and its not in the tank :/
Back to top Go down
MrSloanes
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator
MrSloanes

PostSubject: Re: A coupe called Kermit :)   A coupe called Kermit :) - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 20, 2013 7:46 am

ah god, u not having much luck are ya?!? whats gone on like?
Back to top Go down
pandapolo
Forum Furniture
Forum Furniture
pandapolo

Scrubs : 146

PostSubject: Re: A coupe called Kermit :)   A coupe called Kermit :) - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 20, 2013 8:19 am

Filler necks are common on these... New tank time?
Back to top Go down
v-dub-ee-dan
Forum Furniture
Forum Furniture
v-dub-ee-dan

PostSubject: Re: A coupe called Kermit :)   A coupe called Kermit :) - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 20, 2013 8:21 am

Or thats already been changed lol the neck snapped and ALL the fuel spilt out on my dads drive leaving a 6x2 inch hole... he was not impressed 

but this is now the new problem and that had about an hour to evaporate too...

A coupe called Kermit :) - Page 7 CAM00767_zps9b955c51

and that goes on for 3 miles... however managed to get a new record in terrible mpg at 49 miles to £20!!! o_0
Back to top Go down
v-dub-ee-dan
Forum Furniture
Forum Furniture
v-dub-ee-dan

PostSubject: Re: A coupe called Kermit :)   A coupe called Kermit :) - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 22, 2013 6:19 am

All fixed Smile she runs again! And even better lol
Back to top Go down
George
Forum Furniture
Forum Furniture
George

Scrubs : 112

PostSubject: Re: A coupe called Kermit :)   A coupe called Kermit :) - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 22, 2013 10:36 pm

Nice and cool this mate. Always loved a clean Coupe
Back to top Go down
v-dub-ee-dan
Forum Furniture
Forum Furniture
v-dub-ee-dan

PostSubject: Re: A coupe called Kermit :)   A coupe called Kermit :) - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 23, 2013 7:36 am

cheers bud Smile just need to get some of the parking dings out Mad
Back to top Go down
v-dub-ee-dan
Forum Furniture
Forum Furniture
v-dub-ee-dan

PostSubject: Re: A coupe called Kermit :)   A coupe called Kermit :) - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 19, 2013 6:49 am

Well disaster.....

Properly gutted I couldnt get to VW fest Sad 

Well some of you may know the head gasket decided to FAIL... again only after a year of getting it done! So fuck that engine! Went to bradford and got myself an engine on 60k and have been stripping the coupe ready for it to go in.

If anyone was to offer me a good price Im thinking of selling... I have my eye on an older car lol Think I should of learned my lesson that older cars aint reliable hahaha O well that may all change with the newer engine in.

Shall get the pics of the swap up as it happens
Back to top Go down
v-dub-ee-dan
Forum Furniture
Forum Furniture
v-dub-ee-dan

PostSubject: Re: A coupe called Kermit :)   A coupe called Kermit :) - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 20, 2013 7:50 am

Well work began..
A coupe called Kermit :) - Page 7 CAM00798_zps0aa6448d
A coupe called Kermit :) - Page 7 CAM00799_zps4b80031c

At this point I gave the engine the middle finger lol
A coupe called Kermit :) - Page 7 CAM00801_zpsb1f82859

A coupe called Kermit :) - Page 7 CAM00800_zps3d4d9ebd

So its now all split gearbox on new engine and only timing belt and a few gaskets to go back on. 

Shall keep them coming..
Back to top Go down
pandapolo
Forum Furniture
Forum Furniture
pandapolo

Scrubs : 146

PostSubject: Re: A coupe called Kermit :)   A coupe called Kermit :) - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 20, 2013 10:18 am

Might as well drop a 1.4 16v AFH in there now
Back to top Go down
v-dub-ee-dan
Forum Furniture
Forum Furniture
v-dub-ee-dan

PostSubject: Re: A coupe called Kermit :)   A coupe called Kermit :) - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 21, 2013 1:00 am

Nar keeping it a 1.0l got myself a decent low mileage one. Dont want to mess it about too much and keep it original as possible.
Back to top Go down
v-dub-ee-dan
Forum Furniture
Forum Furniture
v-dub-ee-dan

PostSubject: Re: A coupe called Kermit :)   A coupe called Kermit :) - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 26, 2013 10:12 pm

Well the old gall breathes again! And jesus this 1.l has some compression lmao can defiantly tell the old engine was dieing, Just setting up the timing as its quite a lenglthy process to get it spot on but atm shes sounds like a V8 on idle haha 

Safe to say f*ck selling her Im even more in love with the old gall now Very Happy
Back to top Go down
v-dub-ee-dan
Forum Furniture
Forum Furniture
v-dub-ee-dan

PostSubject: Re: A coupe called Kermit :)   A coupe called Kermit :) - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 14, 2013 12:57 am

Well a boring end to the year here. Polo is the same no new mods or progress however it defied logic and passed its MOT with no advisories! So needless to say canny chuffed there lol. However the new year may either see some rather large changes with the polo or I may even be a complete monumental fool and sell the old girl.... have a chance to own a motor I have wanted since I was about 9! But only time will tell lol if I do decide to say my goodbye to honestly the best vw I have ever owned I will advertise here first as this site has to have some of the canniest people around. But do not fear! It will be an other classic VW taking her place! And dare say it will pull a crowd on the club stand if I can get it up to scratch haha. Happy crimbo to you all and looking forword to seeing yous all in the next year!!!
Back to top Go down
v-dub-ee-dan
Forum Furniture
Forum Furniture
v-dub-ee-dan

PostSubject: Re: A coupe called Kermit :)   A coupe called Kermit :) - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 24, 2014 10:25 am

Right erm ill start with whats been happening recently.

I have decided to start rebuilding the old engine that was replaced above^

However I am making a few modifications e.i. Porting the head inlet and exhaust. Mating it with a 1.3 inlet mani and a GT cam hopefully to make a quite nippy 1.0.

I am doing this mainly as I have a spare head laying about and to see what can actually be gained from doing it instead of just dropping a 1.3 in the car

Right now for the pics 

progress is slow atm.

heres is what I saw when I first took the head off :/

some very burnt oily piston heads...
A coupe called Kermit :) - Page 7 CAM01287_zpsaad92873

and the very clean one that had been leaking lol
A coupe called Kermit :) - Page 7 CAM01288_zps4a758879

However on closer inspection the piston liners themselves are clean with hardly any lip near the top or and scoring. also the pistions themselves have no play making me think the rings are fine (further inspection says yes they are all ok)

so here is the head.. as you can see its been burning ALOT of oil before it died. Reason for this is the valve stem seals are well (best way to describe) slacker than a sluts lips.. You can decide on which ones lol they are screwed! 
A coupe called Kermit :) - Page 7 CAM01289_zps334648d6
A coupe called Kermit :) - Page 7 CAM01290_zpsfbed2870
A coupe called Kermit :) - Page 7 CAM01292_zpsc4579bcf
A coupe called Kermit :) - Page 7 CAM01291_zps26740f29

as you can see they are BLACK and soooo oily Sad

anyway after a clean up...
A coupe called Kermit :) - Page 7 CAM01294_zps95bc491a
A coupe called Kermit :) - Page 7 CAM01297_zps324e6030
they look ok still but as for the surface of the head.. well it looks like its been skimmed by a rusty axe. Its awefull. I took it to my local skimming place and they were horrified at the state of the skim. We came to the two possible answers to why it blew the gasket so soon.
1. The steve wounder skim job 
2. This..
A coupe called Kermit :) - Page 7 CAM01295_zps682fb28b
as you maybe able to see the water jacket has corroded and was quite close to the headgasket seal, mate this to the second rate gasket (honestly looked like it was made from tissue) did not help the situation lol

however they assured me with a good gasket it would be fine after a discounted price skim as he was that appalled by last one so all is ok to continue A coupe called Kermit :) - Page 7 Biggrin

I've been looking for a cheaper long collet spring compressor but to no avail so I started cleaning the valve heads.

A coupe called Kermit :) - Page 7 CAM01293_zps899f7ba6

Under all of that build up they look new! however they all have not been seated properly A coupe called Kermit :) - Page 7 Mad there is about 2cm on each one that has actually seated against the head on every one of them so the gasses have just been pissing back through Sad  however that will get sorted later on with the help of mr lapping tool lol

So took the cam out next and its unmarked! its ridiculously clean. however i took out the tappets and got ALL of the watery brown oil out of them and got to cleaning them up..
A coupe called Kermit :) - Page 7 CAM01300_zpsa15efc42
A coupe called Kermit :) - Page 7 CAM01302_zps7de7078f
A coupe called Kermit :) - Page 7 CAM01301_zps3a36ca0d

they clean up well and again look serviceable again, they were very quiet when the engine was running well.

NOW the good bits Smile
as you can see the gasket on the 1.0 head is miles away from the ports
A coupe called Kermit :) - Page 7 CAM01298_zps65a57bca

so all of that is coming out Smile I've started one and its about half done. I'm porting it all the way to the valve seat and tapering it around the valve stem seal to smooth the airflow. Also going to open up the exhaust ports but these wont have to be so neatly done.

shall get pics of this as I go along but its going to open them up loads! should be interesting so see how much it improves airflow once its all done.

However I got sick of breathing in alloy so I decided to paint the head now lol

A coupe called Kermit :) - Page 7 CAM01318_zps19be1a05
A coupe called Kermit :) - Page 7 CAM01317_zps875c436d
A coupe called Kermit :) - Page 7 CAM01319_zps8e67fe37
A coupe called Kermit :) - Page 7 CAM01320_zps85001298

soo stick around to see more progress soon peeps Smile 
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A coupe called Kermit :)   A coupe called Kermit :) - Page 7 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A coupe called Kermit :)
Page 7 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7