Please log in or register.
Please log in or register.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

VCDS Faults & Features - Look inside for the services :)

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
brayson
brayson

Scrubs : 0

VCDS Faults & Features - Look inside for the services :) Empty
PostSubject: VCDS Faults & Features - Look inside for the services :)   VCDS Faults & Features - Look inside for the services :) Icon_minitimeWed Apr 03, 2013 4:54 am

I have a fully registered Hex - Can - USB VCDS which covers most mainstream VW, AUDI, SKODA and SEAT cars and which i am offering services for.

What i can offer;

Fault code scans and clearing.
This can be from a typical engine code to something which is throwing a light up i.e. airbag light.
Along with this i can do Soft coding with example i have done on a friend and fellow DNE members MK4 golf

*ASR/ESP disable with abs still active.

*He had a EGR delete installed which thrown a light up on his dash, normally people have these mapped out, which can be quite pricey, so far his car has been well i have asked him to monitor this for the next couple of weeks to ensure its constant, if it stays off it means i can do this.

*One button unlock - Accross the Vag range a lot of cars with the remote central locking setup can unlock the drivers door on the first unlock click the second does the rest, i altered this so all doors unlock on first click.

These are just a couple of examples of what can be done, at the minute i do still have a learning curve so i am learning and trying to remember all adaptions and features off by heart.

I keep a log of all the peoples cars i have worked on, along with the values altered so if the customer doesnt like there new feature/s or not happy these can be reverted so it keeps the peace .

Features
Here is an example of some of the features i can do (these all depend on what module and car you have)

*Anti Jack - when the vehicle reaches 10 mph the doors will automatically lock.
*Auto unlock - when the key is took out of the ignition all doors unlock
*Lock and unlock light flash and confirmation beeps.

Newer models (MK5, MK6, Passat CC, Tiguan, Audi A3, Skoda Octavia, Seat etc)

*Daylight Running Light modification/adaptations
*Needle Sweeps
*Coming home lights
*Seat belt chimes

The will be others i have missed out but these are examples.

Remote windows with fob *Newer models can have this done through Vagcom*

Alot of the newer cars have these as a option in the features, however i have the software also to do this on a select number of MK4 Golf/Bora, Passat B5.5.

I can check the part number of the ccm before i perform the operation, but i have just done a B5.5 passat and Jim_Blings LCR and they worked fine with no problems.

As with any sort of tweaks these are done at the request of the owner and takes responsibilty should anything happen, i did do a lot of reading on other forums which people have said they have had done this and had no problem/repercushions come back on them!

Airbag Resistors (MK4 Golf/Bora platform only at the minute)

As opposed to the vagcom airbag disable, on the MK4 platform (golf, boras) i can offer air bag resistors for the seats and the steering wheels, yes i am aware people think just disable it with the vagcom but the way i see it, you come to me the one time for the resistor and aslong as you disconnet the battery when you come to remove the resistor and fit your airbag (say if it was for a temporary purpose i.e. getting your steering wheel trimmed) you can just continue on as normal without airbag fault/lights and having to come and see me to enable it again

Vag tacho (non genuine) ** MK4 Golf/Bora Only **

Another Service i can offer but this does come with a warning, with this software there are risks it hasnt happened to me but there is always a possibility, when the vagtacho is connected apparently sometimes the clocks on the car can be come wiped/bricked up and kills the cluster, which inturn basically stops the car from starting and will require new clocks and key coding in thats why i put this here now so people are warned if they are wanting anything from this service. You request at your own risk as i do not take responsibility if anything bad should happen to the clusters.

On clocks which are Immo3, Half - FIS and are made by VDO,

I have been able to alter and enable,

*Illuminated Needles (like audis can make the needles constantly light red) others can be experimented with but this is the most popular mod)

*Miles To Empty - Pretty self explanatory On the Half FIS display this shows how many miles are left in the tank

*Mileage Correction.

I am aware that there is a VAGCOM section but to be honest it seems pretty dead, also i do know that some people may not be familiar with what VAGCOM might actually be or what it does so i am here to clarify and i am willing to help where i can offering a cheap and friendly service.

Feel free to drop a topic on here with any queries, and feedback is appreciated i will do my best to give a good service and make sure people are chuffed with what i do.

My contact number is 07773775508

I am based in Gateshead so you can either come to me or i can come to you for the cost of fuel .

I hope that this door i have opened with my VCDS, makes my learning curve stronger and gives some of the car enthusiasts back a good service

Cheers.

Karl.
Back to top Go down
pacey90
Staff Member
Staff Member

Scrubs : 39

PostSubject: Re: VCDS Faults & Features - Look inside for the services :)   VCDS Faults & Features - Look inside for the services :) Icon_minitimeWed Apr 03, 2013 5:09 am

sounds class m8 mite want few things doin for me bora sometime m8 Smile
Back to top Go down
brayson
brayson

PostSubject: Re: VCDS Faults & Features - Look inside for the services :)   VCDS Faults & Features - Look inside for the services :) Icon_minitimeWed Apr 03, 2013 5:10 am

Yeah no problems mate, ive done quite a few cars now like just getting more experience under my belt as i go
Back to top Go down
Audi-Ben
Forum Furniture
Forum Furniture
Audi-Ben

Scrubs : 86

PostSubject: Re: VCDS Faults & Features - Look inside for the services :)   VCDS Faults & Features - Look inside for the services :) Icon_minitimeWed Apr 03, 2013 5:37 am

this is good to know buddy, can you do that thing where the dials spin round as you start the car up?
Back to top Go down
MrSloanes
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator
MrSloanes

Scrubs : 291

PostSubject: Re: VCDS Faults & Features - Look inside for the services :)   VCDS Faults & Features - Look inside for the services :) Icon_minitimeWed Apr 03, 2013 6:04 am

pffft that all u do like? ahaha j/k. Be handy for a lot on here including myself hahahaha
Back to top Go down
http://dubascrub.co.uk
brayson
brayson

PostSubject: Re: VCDS Faults & Features - Look inside for the services :)   VCDS Faults & Features - Look inside for the services :) Icon_minitimeWed Apr 03, 2013 6:18 am

Lol there is more bits and bobs but its all in time and ben some cars can have this done unfortunately the majority of these cars are the likes of mk6 golfs passat ccs etc, and even only certain ones can be done with it.

Its a loved mod the needle sweep/staging but its not a one that can be done on your own car without some detailed and fuck on modification, i wish it was simple for my mk4 haha
Back to top Go down
Audi-Ben
Forum Furniture
Forum Furniture
Audi-Ben

Scrubs : 86

PostSubject: Re: VCDS Faults & Features - Look inside for the services :)   VCDS Faults & Features - Look inside for the services :) Icon_minitimeWed Apr 03, 2013 6:49 am

ahhhh mannnnn:) no worrys buddy cheersfor explaining it though:)
Back to top Go down
Lee1092
Loyal Member
Loyal Member
Lee1092

Scrubs : 74

PostSubject: Re: VCDS Faults & Features - Look inside for the services :)   VCDS Faults & Features - Look inside for the services :) Icon_minitimeMon May 06, 2013 8:55 pm

Would definitely recommend Karl if you need anything doing on vagcom! Sorted me out with all sorts and does his research before plugging it in!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: VCDS Faults & Features - Look inside for the services :)   VCDS Faults & Features - Look inside for the services :) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

VCDS Faults & Features - Look inside for the services :)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Help & Support :: Members Services-
Jump to: