Please log in or register.
Please log in or register.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Audio Wiring

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
DaveTrundley
Forum Furniture
Forum Furniture
DaveTrundley

Scrubs : 109

Audio Wiring Empty
PostSubject: Audio Wiring   Audio Wiring Icon_minitimeSun Mar 31, 2013 9:01 am

Just put amp and sub in today, my problem is that the amp is always on, i have spliced into the blue wire with white stripe for the remote turn on lead on the correct plug just as detailed in the manual that came with my stereo. Any ideas if there is something im missing? Cheers have had to pull fuse from amp to stop my battery from draining Sad
Back to top Go down
Stevie. B
Stevie. B

Scrubs : 18

Audio Wiring Empty
PostSubject: Re: Audio Wiring   Audio Wiring Icon_minitimeSun Mar 31, 2013 10:15 am

DaveTrundley wrote:
Just put amp and sub in today, my problem is that the amp is always on, i have spliced into the blue wire with white stripe for the remote turn on lead on the correct plug just as detailed in the manual that came with my stereo. Any ideas if there is something im missing? Cheers have had to pull fuse from amp to stop my battery from draining Sad

If you at the meet tomorrow mate i will have a look and see if all is ok.
Generally blue wire is for audio remote. but this only works when power to your stereo.
If this is wired to a perm live then it may think its turned on, thus perm amp power!, make sense?

Dont think im gonna be there for long so give me a shout if you see a 6,3" baldy.
Back to top Go down
DaveTrundley
Forum Furniture
Forum Furniture
DaveTrundley

Audio Wiring Empty
PostSubject: Re: Audio Wiring   Audio Wiring Icon_minitimeSun Mar 31, 2013 11:59 am

yeah it does. Cheers, what will you be driving? ill bring a few tool along and a connector block. appreciate it Smile
Back to top Go down
DaveTrundley
Forum Furniture
Forum Furniture
DaveTrundley

Audio Wiring Empty
PostSubject: Re: Audio Wiring   Audio Wiring Icon_minitimeSat Apr 06, 2013 8:14 pm

Now sorted this, JVC diagram for headunit was bullshit. The remote wire was supplying cOnstant 12v. Got multi meter from work and wired into switching live Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Audio Wiring Empty
PostSubject: Re: Audio Wiring   Audio Wiring Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Audio Wiring
Page 1 of 1