Please log in or register.
Please log in or register.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Steel wheels stuck?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
v-dub-ee-dan
Forum Furniture
Forum Furniture
v-dub-ee-dan

Scrubs : 41

Steel wheels stuck? Empty
PostSubject: Steel wheels stuck?   Steel wheels stuck? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 04, 2013 11:27 am

Didnt know where else to put this soo...

I have had some Vauxhall steels in the past that I have had to use and as you may or may not know the center bore is smaller than on VW's.

I Did do the sensible thing of boring out the center bore so they fit... however, in winter they can rust up and before you know it they are welded to the hub.

So if this happens to you here is the solution.

Get your self a gear puller and a socket the size or bigger for your hub nut. Place the socket onto the hub nut then place a wheel bolt into where a ratchet would normally go in the socket.

Like so...
Steel wheels stuck? CAM00407_zps3099b62f

And arrange the gear puller so that it can grip onto the steel wheel through the holes available. (also see pic)
Steel wheels stuck? CAM00406_zps953e00a6

Now wind it up so that the point of the gear puller sits on the wheel nut you placed in the socket, keep winding and it should pull it off the hub.

NOTE: if it gets stupidly stiff when winding give it a few kicks on the right and left of the wheel. the gear puller may jump off but just follow the instructions and it should come off.

HOPE THIS HELPS Smile

Back to top Go down

Steel wheels stuck?
Page 1 of 1