Please log in or register.
Please log in or register.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

lowering question

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
richiewhitaker
richiewhitaker

Scrubs : 14

lowering question Empty
PostSubject: lowering question   lowering question Icon_minitimeSat Jan 26, 2013 8:06 am

reet well cars gettin lowered next weekend and getting the chassis nothched by mb motorsport, got the s3 arb, looking at a shallow sump by darkside.... whats ppl's views on these?? i get an extra 11mm clearance but obviously not going to hold as much oil as it should, will this cause me a problem? also were can i buy the bits to raise the engine?
Back to top Go down
MrSloanes
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator
MrSloanes

Scrubs : 291

lowering question Empty
PostSubject: Re: lowering question   lowering question Icon_minitimeSat Jan 26, 2013 9:34 am

u can get engine spacers or raisers or summit. Not sure how hard these are to fit or how helpful they are but im sure u can get em. The other thing u said doesnt seem worth the risk for just over a cm... imo anyway
Back to top Go down
http://dubascrub.co.uk
RDub
Forum Furniture
Forum Furniture
RDub

Scrubs : 33

lowering question Empty
PostSubject: Re: lowering question   lowering question Icon_minitimeSat Jan 26, 2013 9:45 am

obviously they wouldn't make shallow sumps if they weren't safe to use but still doesnt mean they are ideal. can see your point with a low typical diesel sump but having a smaller oil capacity i can see having issues if it uses even a tiny bit of oil and its not kept on top of. for example you spring a slow leak from somewhere without noticing :/ serious engine damage.
take it down and see how much clearance you are left with, maybes invest in making a sump guard?
Back to top Go down
richiewhitaker
richiewhitaker

lowering question Empty
PostSubject: Re: lowering question   lowering question Icon_minitimeSat Jan 26, 2013 9:50 am

iv scrapped the idea of the sump, they dont come with an oil level sensor so i would be fucked if i got a leak, just bought some 15mm engine spacers and im going to try find somwere that make decents sump guards
Back to top Go down
RDub
Forum Furniture
Forum Furniture
RDub

Scrubs : 33

lowering question Empty
PostSubject: Re: lowering question   lowering question Icon_minitimeSat Jan 26, 2013 9:51 am

nice one Smile... im keeping an eye on this, going to be a 2013 hidden gem i reckon
Back to top Go down
richiewhitaker
richiewhitaker

lowering question Empty
PostSubject: Re: lowering question   lowering question Icon_minitimeSat Jan 26, 2013 11:05 am

lol thanks r dub Smile i dunno theres some nice boras on here already like
Back to top Go down
Josh w
Forum God
Forum God
Josh w

Scrubs : -6

lowering question Empty
PostSubject: Re: lowering question   lowering question Icon_minitimeSat Jan 26, 2013 11:32 am

I made my own bash plate when I had my seat tdi, go on my build and earlier pages you'll find it before I got polo, I used chequer plate, worked a treat Smile
Back to top Go down
richiewhitaker
richiewhitaker

lowering question Empty
PostSubject: Re: lowering question   lowering question Icon_minitimeSat Jan 26, 2013 9:46 pm

cheers josh!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

lowering question Empty
PostSubject: Re: lowering question   lowering question Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

lowering question
Page 1 of 1