Please log in or register.
Please log in or register.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Boraing roll bar.....

Go down 
+2
ArosaProject
DaisyDub
6 posters
AuthorMessage
DaisyDub
DaisyDub

Scrubs : -2

Boraing roll bar..... Empty
PostSubject: Boraing roll bar.....   Boraing roll bar..... Icon_minitimeSun Oct 28, 2012 6:43 pm

Hi, we'll basically I am at the stage of the roll bar, and have a I awnsered question.

Firstly how easy is it to remove?

Secondly is it an mot fail not to have a roll bar?

Also not roll bar related... We're can I get longer wheel bolts? And is it ok to run 10mm spacers on the rear of my bora?

Thanks,
Back to top Go down
ArosaProject
Forum God
Forum God
ArosaProject

Scrubs : -5

PostSubject: Re: Boraing roll bar.....   Boraing roll bar..... Icon_minitimeSun Oct 28, 2012 8:03 pm

You can run as big spacers as you like, as long as the tyre tread isn't outside the arch, for longer bolts got mine off eBay or you can spaces that bolt to your car and then you bolt your wheels to the spaces, u need hub centric spaces to be on the safe side

And for your bora speak to jak or pacey on here as they both have boras and I think they have bought special arms if I'm right

Hope this helps
Back to top Go down
MrSloanes
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator
MrSloanes

Scrubs : 291

PostSubject: Re: Boraing roll bar.....   Boraing roll bar..... Icon_minitimeSun Oct 28, 2012 8:11 pm

michael (pacey) has not long had some new roll bars fitted if i remember correctly. Jak's probably still the best person to ask as Pacey just drives his car and hasnt got a clue with anything else lol
Back to top Go down
http://dubascrub.co.uk
iMurray
Loyal Member
Loyal Member
iMurray

Scrubs : -3

PostSubject: Re: Boraing roll bar.....   Boraing roll bar..... Icon_minitimeSun Oct 28, 2012 8:48 pm

Charming as always Sloanes. Haha
Back to top Go down
RDub
Forum Furniture
Forum Furniture
RDub

Scrubs : 33

PostSubject: Re: Boraing roll bar.....   Boraing roll bar..... Icon_minitimeSun Oct 28, 2012 8:58 pm

Cutting the ends of the roll bar and a dodgie mot is the easiest and most illegal way as they are a fucking pain to get off :/ but if remember rite I'm sure you can get after market bars specifically suited for dropped cars just a pain to fit
Back to top Go down
DaisyDub
DaisyDub

PostSubject: Re: Boraing roll bar.....   Boraing roll bar..... Icon_minitimeTue Oct 30, 2012 3:57 am

An ok so not having one is a no go... And yes I have looked at ones with bigger hoops. Also I am told that the mk2 to roll bars fit as well... Possibly the r32 ones to.

Thanks guys
Back to top Go down
ArosaProject
Forum God
Forum God
ArosaProject

PostSubject: Re: Boraing roll bar.....   Boraing roll bar..... Icon_minitimeTue Oct 30, 2012 4:42 am

No problem, good luck with it all
Back to top Go down
DaisyDub
DaisyDub

PostSubject: Re: Boraing roll bar.....   Boraing roll bar..... Icon_minitimeMon Nov 19, 2012 7:38 am

Right, have been talking to a friend and he has said that with no roll bar, you can pass a mot?

Is this correct?

He goes on the reason of if its not there they cant test it, so it wont fail?

thnanks, guys.
Back to top Go down
ArosaProject
Forum God
Forum God
ArosaProject

PostSubject: Re: Boraing roll bar.....   Boraing roll bar..... Icon_minitimeMon Nov 19, 2012 7:57 am

have fun driving it with out, it will be scary Shocked
Back to top Go down
DaisyDub
DaisyDub

PostSubject: Re: Boraing roll bar.....   Boraing roll bar..... Icon_minitimeMon Nov 19, 2012 8:56 am

hay, well only got one side on atm as the bolt snapped and havent noticed it. lol just wondering if it legal to not have one.
Back to top Go down
RDub
Forum Furniture
Forum Furniture
RDub

Scrubs : 33

PostSubject: Re: Boraing roll bar.....   Boraing roll bar..... Icon_minitimeMon Nov 19, 2012 9:21 am

There will be minimal difference in the handling if it low enough for the ARB to be causing bother .. And not sure about the "it not being there then he can't test it" .. See where he is coming from but with how pick mot garages can be I would ask first Smile... Unless you know a few garage friends who happen to be qualified to pass it Wink
Back to top Go down
DaisyDub
DaisyDub

PostSubject: Re: Boraing roll bar.....   Boraing roll bar..... Icon_minitimeMon Nov 19, 2012 6:16 pm

Ah great advice yes i will ask before MOTing the car Smile thanks, as mot is soon.
Back to top Go down
pacey90
Staff Member
Staff Member

Scrubs : 39

PostSubject: Re: Boraing roll bar.....   Boraing roll bar..... Icon_minitimeThu Nov 22, 2012 5:30 am

hi m8 am pacey with the black bora and i got my anti roll bar from venom motorsport for 70 quid m8 and they have massive loops on them jom is the make ov them makes a gd difference and alot better than havin no anti roll bar in lol and for sloanes ov course i no my stuff u mess lol
Back to top Go down
DaisyDub
DaisyDub

PostSubject: Re: Boraing roll bar.....   Boraing roll bar..... Icon_minitimeFri Nov 23, 2012 5:27 am

Hi, thanks man. i have had a look around and found this on a MOT website...

"Anti-Roll Bars
All these items are now checked for presence, cracks, corrosion, wear, insecurity and distortion. Anti-Roll bars in particular may be an issue with lowered cars as many people tend to remove them upon lowering the vehicle. One of the reasons for rejection is that the vehicle is missing one of the above items where it has been fitted as standard. If you choose not to run an anti-roll bar, it will be down to the tester on the day as to whether it gets picked up or not as this can be quite hit-and-miss."

so all good... on condition you dont p*ss the tester off before hand.. haha

Last edited by DaisyDub on Fri Nov 23, 2012 5:27 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Epic spelling)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Boraing roll bar.....   Boraing roll bar..... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Boraing roll bar.....
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Help & Support :: Technical Help-
Jump to: