Please log in or register.
Please log in or register.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Over night speed ramps/bumps

Go down 
+2
Koop
ArosaProject
6 posters
AuthorMessage
ArosaProject
Forum God
Forum God
ArosaProject

Scrubs : -5

Over night speed ramps/bumps Empty
PostSubject: Over night speed ramps/bumps   Over night speed ramps/bumps Icon_minitimeSun Aug 12, 2012 9:16 pm

I cant be leave this, went to my local co-op last night got a few things etc etc
Got home and forgot the glue to stick a few things back together, thought sod it i'll go in the morning
Well i get up wait for the shop to open drive to the co-op and what do i find them silly drive up a ramps, drive along and then drive down the other side. what i heard was sssscccrrrrraaaaapppppp then a few meters or so the same noise coming down the other side

Whats are world coming to! Give it a couple of years and there will be speed bumps on every bloody road!!

Im a petrol head, love cars, love talking about them (thats why i joined dubascrub) but they need to shoot all the chav's that speed though villages/towns with there cheery bombed cars, plus i do think they should shoot the person that invented the speed bump as well

Cheers
Back to top Go down
Koop
Koop

Scrubs : 1

PostSubject: Re: Over night speed ramps/bumps   Over night speed ramps/bumps Icon_minitimeSun Aug 12, 2012 9:39 pm

Take em at an angle for less scrapeage
Back to top Go down
ArosaProject
Forum God
Forum God
ArosaProject

PostSubject: Re: Over night speed ramps/bumps   Over night speed ramps/bumps Icon_minitimeSun Aug 12, 2012 9:57 pm

Koop wrote:
Take em at an angle for less scrapeage

im already scrapping before front wheel are near lmao
Back to top Go down
MrSloanes
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator
MrSloanes

Scrubs : 291

PostSubject: Re: Over night speed ramps/bumps   Over night speed ramps/bumps Icon_minitimeSun Aug 12, 2012 10:10 pm

I completely agree mate. I was doing a bit research the other day and them plastic speedbumps cost around £1,500 each. The Tarmac ones (one long ramp from one end to another) cost around £2,500. The 3 bumps (one on left one in middle and one on right) cost £3,000 now if you think of the amount of speedbumps on our roads it shows how's much money the government waste on shit that ruins now only lowered cars but also normal people's cars! Shock's and springs are supposed to last say 60-80k miles? Then u get a car with 30-50k that's shocks are fucked purely because of fucking speed bumps!
Back to top Go down
http://dubascrub.co.uk
ArosaProject
Forum God
Forum God
ArosaProject

PostSubject: Re: Over night speed ramps/bumps   Over night speed ramps/bumps Icon_minitimeSun Aug 12, 2012 10:43 pm

MrSloanes wrote:
I completely agree mate. I was doing a bit research the other day and them plastic speedbumps cost around £1,500 each. The Tarmac ones (one long ramp from one end to another) cost around £2,500. The 3 bumps (one on left one in middle and one on right) cost £3,000 now if you think of the amount of speedbumps on our roads it shows how's much money the government waste on shit that ruins now only lowered cars but also normal people's cars! Shock's and springs are supposed to last say 60-80k miles? Then u get a car with 30-50k that's shocks are fucked purely because of fucking speed bumps!

Why can't they spend that money on making the roads better sunny
Back to top Go down
AlexHardy91
Forum God
Forum God

Scrubs : -13

PostSubject: Re: Over night speed ramps/bumps   Over night speed ramps/bumps Icon_minitimeSun Aug 12, 2012 10:43 pm

oh my days don't even get me started on bloody speepbumps! they are the absolute bane of my life atm I dropped a lad off from work the other night but had to drive all the way down the full length of my old road with the newish bumps on (having never drove on them before myself as this was when I was around 15 before I moved house) and holy shit it took me what felt like 15 mins of second gear then back down to creeping to get out of the place and I also checked out my old house... thought might aslwell I mean I am only doing about 3mph haha.. and I would not have been able to get on it orr park on the curb they're that big haha!
Back to top Go down
AlexHardy91
Forum God
Forum God

Scrubs : -13

PostSubject: Re: Over night speed ramps/bumps   Over night speed ramps/bumps Icon_minitimeSun Aug 12, 2012 10:44 pm

Arosaproject wrote:

Why can't they spend that money on making the roads better sunny

agree'd
Back to top Go down
Jak
Staff Member
Staff Member
Jak

Scrubs : -14

PostSubject: Re: Over night speed ramps/bumps   Over night speed ramps/bumps Icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2012 7:28 am

tbh there actually pointless, people dont really slow down for them at all haha
Back to top Go down
VWCal
Staff Member
Staff Member
VWCal

Scrubs : 81

PostSubject: Re: Over night speed ramps/bumps   Over night speed ramps/bumps Icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2012 7:53 am

Jak wrote:
tbh there actually pointless, people dont really slow down for them at all haha

agreed, most people just drive full speed over them! no point to them what so ever! all they do is slowly lower the weight of your car by the metal you lose every time you go over them!
Back to top Go down
MrSloanes
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator
MrSloanes

PostSubject: Re: Over night speed ramps/bumps   Over night speed ramps/bumps Icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2012 8:04 am

and tbh anyone who does slow down (such as us lot) ends up nearly causing a crash when others either sit right up our arses or overtake on wrong side of road
Back to top Go down
VWCal
Staff Member
Staff Member
VWCal

PostSubject: Re: Over night speed ramps/bumps   Over night speed ramps/bumps Icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2012 8:10 am

MrSloanes wrote:
and tbh anyone who does slow down (such as us lot) ends up nearly causing a crash when others either sit right up our arses or overtake on wrong side of road

proves the whole point, when people over take you when your going over a speed bump! there 'meant' (complete crap) to be for 'safety' (not safe) so why over take on a speed bump that your meant to slow down for??? Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
MrSloanes
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator
MrSloanes

PostSubject: Re: Over night speed ramps/bumps   Over night speed ramps/bumps Icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2012 8:12 am

i know. its fking stupid! many times i have been overtook then a car tries to pull out of a side street and nearly has a crash.
Back to top Go down
VWCal
Staff Member
Staff Member
VWCal

PostSubject: Re: Over night speed ramps/bumps   Over night speed ramps/bumps Icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2012 8:49 am

tell me about it! serves them right tho, proves that there dangerous aswell!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Over night speed ramps/bumps   Over night speed ramps/bumps Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Over night speed ramps/bumps
Page 1 of 1