Please log in or register.
Please log in or register.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Seat Ibeefa

Go down 
+6
Josh w
Jak
MrSloanes
lupo
pacey90
jhenderson
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
jhenderson
jhenderson

Scrubs : 7

Seat Ibeefa Empty
PostSubject: Seat Ibeefa   Seat Ibeefa Icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2012 9:17 am

The car is a Seat Ibiza 1.4 100hp sportrider 2008
this model was one of the last ones built in this shape and Seat lauched it with a few extras, cupra body kit, sport seats, electric heated folding mirrors, cruise control, alloys and a few other bits.
I was 17 at the time and not really looking for anything in particular but came across this Ibiza in a evans halshaw garage with only 5000 miles on a 2 year old car and that was that...
Seat Ibeefa DSC00123
Seat Ibeefa DSC00121
1st few things on the list were:
debadge
de-wiper
stubby aerial (hacksaw job)
lcr splitter
full detail and wax

Seat Ibeefa IMG_0332

the wiper just didn't want to come off...

Seat Ibeefa IMG_0274

and my cleaning products to get it spotless
Seat Ibeefa IMG_0321

it ran for about 10 months before the wheels and coilovers came
i went with
BBS CH REPS 18x8.0
215/35 tyres
VMAXX coilovers
VMAXX droplinks
5mm spacers on the front
full laser alignment and adjustments made

the car got a full detail and went get some pictures and i will let the pictures do the talking

Seat Ibeefa IMG_0454-1
Seat Ibeefa IMG_0398
Seat Ibeefa IMG_0459
Seat Ibeefa IMG_0506

i then ordered pressed plates off ebay and the car was just starting to get to what i visioned then this happened... woman + mobile phones whilst driving =
Seat Ibeefa 421087_3120717089584_1014254775_32924348_1164077956_n

the car needed a full new rear back end as most of the damage was beneath the skin and in my spine Evil or Very Mad
still not happy with the paint match but the "paint engineer" says it is a "superb" match even though its a few shades out, but tough shit...

Plans for the future
- I have a full sound system on the way with a double din headunit, door speakers and a nice amp and sub trying to keep it clean and not tacky
- s/s cat-back system with rs4 tip
- lower the front to solve the reverse rake
- front seat sport strut brace
- carbon intake
- carbon engine cover
- wheel refurb (dont recommend running your nice shiny new wheels in the winter, mine got ruined and curbed to ferk)
- and some body work to remove rub strips

vision i have of the future look
Seat Ibeefa 12
with the wheels looking more this colour

Seat Ibeefa 4777179577_68ef285696

THOUGHTS COMMENTS CRITICISMS IDEAS ALL WELCOME.. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
pacey90
Staff Member
Staff Member

Scrubs : 39

Seat Ibeefa Empty
PostSubject: Re: Seat Ibeefa   Seat Ibeefa Icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2012 9:39 am

loved your car at the meet today m8 and i like that colour for the wheels Smile get that sticker on Very Happy nice meetin u today aswell m8
Back to top Go down
jhenderson
jhenderson

Seat Ibeefa Empty
PostSubject: Re: Seat Ibeefa   Seat Ibeefa Icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2012 9:50 am

pacey90 wrote:
loved your car at the meet today m8 and i like that colour for the wheels Smile get that sticker on Very Happy nice meetin u today aswell m8
cheers mate more to come with it, aye same nice to meet you good bunch... how would people react if i slightly modified the sticker so it sits flush with my A pillar?
Back to top Go down
lupo
lupo

Scrubs : 0

Seat Ibeefa Empty
PostSubject: Re: Seat Ibeefa   Seat Ibeefa Icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2012 10:12 am

loved the car today, nice meeting you also today hopefully see you at future meets and photoshoot etc, all the autoglym must of being proper expensive !
Back to top Go down
jhenderson
jhenderson

Seat Ibeefa Empty
PostSubject: Re: Seat Ibeefa   Seat Ibeefa Icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2012 10:36 am

lupo wrote:
loved the car today, nice meeting you also today hopefully see you at future meets and photoshoot etc, all the autoglym must of being proper expensive !

you too mate, yeah 100% awesome group, got alot more gear now, various brands, my dad just abused an offer that was on for autoglym at the time
Back to top Go down
pacey90
Staff Member
Staff Member

Seat Ibeefa Empty
PostSubject: Re: Seat Ibeefa   Seat Ibeefa Icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2012 10:38 am

a dont mind u doin it m8 and am sure jak and sloanes wouldnt be bothered m8 a say do it m8 its your sticker lol
Back to top Go down
jhenderson
jhenderson

Seat Ibeefa Empty
PostSubject: Re: Seat Ibeefa   Seat Ibeefa Icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2012 10:45 am

pacey90 wrote:
a dont mind u doin it m8 and am sure jak and sloanes wouldnt be bothered m8 a say do it m8 its your sticker lol
just like to be a little bit different haha cyclops
Back to top Go down
MrSloanes
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator
MrSloanes

Scrubs : 291

Seat Ibeefa Empty
PostSubject: Re: Seat Ibeefa   Seat Ibeefa Icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2012 2:35 pm

:O lol Na mate do whatever Smile love the car like!
Back to top Go down
http://dubascrub.co.uk
Jak
Staff Member
Staff Member
Jak

Scrubs : -14

Seat Ibeefa Empty
PostSubject: Re: Seat Ibeefa   Seat Ibeefa Icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2012 5:11 pm

not bothered what ya do with the sticker mate aslong as its on the motor Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Josh w
Forum God
Forum God
Josh w

Scrubs : -6

Seat Ibeefa Empty
PostSubject: Re: Seat Ibeefa   Seat Ibeefa Icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2012 11:27 pm

Love this dude Smile, quite a collection of auto glym there haha, yes to purple wheels! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
jhenderson
jhenderson

Seat Ibeefa Empty
PostSubject: Re: Seat Ibeefa   Seat Ibeefa Icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2012 7:47 am

MrSloanes wrote:
:O lol Na mate do whatever Smile love the car like!
thanks mate!
Jak wrote:
not bothered what ya do with the sticker mate aslong as its on the motor Very Happy
haha cheers
Josh w wrote:
Love this dude Smile, quite a collection of auto glym there haha, yes to purple wheels! Very Happy
thanks pal, theres more been added since that photo, they will be coming soon!
Back to top Go down
jhenderson
jhenderson

Seat Ibeefa Empty
PostSubject: Re: Seat Ibeefa   Seat Ibeefa Icon_minitimeSat Aug 11, 2012 3:10 am

just to be a little bit different

Seat Ibeefa IMG_1732

thoughts?
Back to top Go down
pacey90
Staff Member
Staff Member

Seat Ibeefa Empty
PostSubject: Re: Seat Ibeefa   Seat Ibeefa Icon_minitimeSat Aug 11, 2012 3:33 am

looks pretty cool m8 Smile u comin to vw fest Question
Back to top Go down
Koop
Koop

Scrubs : 1

Seat Ibeefa Empty
PostSubject: Re: Seat Ibeefa   Seat Ibeefa Icon_minitimeSat Aug 11, 2012 3:37 am

Tidy beefa, nice work on the windscreen vinyl Smile
Back to top Go down
MrSloanes
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator
MrSloanes

Seat Ibeefa Empty
PostSubject: Re: Seat Ibeefa   Seat Ibeefa Icon_minitimeSat Aug 11, 2012 4:25 am

Really like the way you done that vinyl mate! V nice. And yeah he on the clubstand Wink
Back to top Go down
Josh w
Forum God
Forum God
Josh w

Seat Ibeefa Empty
PostSubject: Re: Seat Ibeefa   Seat Ibeefa Icon_minitimeSat Aug 11, 2012 8:19 am

Looks good that Smile, had a feeling that's what you were guna do ;D, you say your on vw fest stand now dude? Smile
Back to top Go down
jhenderson
jhenderson

Seat Ibeefa Empty
PostSubject: Re: Seat Ibeefa   Seat Ibeefa Icon_minitimeSat Aug 11, 2012 9:30 am

pacey90 wrote:
looks pretty cool m8 Smile u comin to vw fest Question
yeahhh mate
MrSloanes wrote:
Really like the way you done that vinyl mate! V nice. And yeah he on the clubstand Wink
Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Koop wrote:
Tidy beefa, nice work on the windscreen vinyl Smile

thanks alot mate! Smile
Back to top Go down
jhenderson
jhenderson

Seat Ibeefa Empty
PostSubject: Re: Seat Ibeefa   Seat Ibeefa Icon_minitimeSat Aug 11, 2012 9:32 am

Josh w wrote:
Looks good that Smile, had a feeling that's what you were guna do ;D, you say your on vw fest stand now dude? Smile

cheers dude... yeahh mate im coming down, should be a decent turnout by dubascrub
Back to top Go down
MrSloanes
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator
MrSloanes

Seat Ibeefa Empty
PostSubject: Re: Seat Ibeefa   Seat Ibeefa Icon_minitimeSat Aug 11, 2012 9:46 am

Yeah should be good. I can't wait now like. I'm dieing to get the car into the garage so I can give it a proper going over.
Back to top Go down
jhenderson
jhenderson

Seat Ibeefa Empty
PostSubject: Re: Seat Ibeefa   Seat Ibeefa Icon_minitimeSun Aug 12, 2012 12:42 am

MrSloanes wrote:
Yeah should be good. I can't wait now like. I'm dieing to get the car into the garage so I can give it a proper going over.

the friday before is my prep day, full detail, just hoping the weather will be good
Back to top Go down
Josh w
Forum God
Forum God
Josh w

Seat Ibeefa Empty
PostSubject: Re: Seat Ibeefa   Seat Ibeefa Icon_minitimeSun Aug 12, 2012 9:35 am

Good your coming dude!! Got nice amount of cars for stand now Smile, prep All week for me Very Happy haha
Back to top Go down
jhenderson
jhenderson

Seat Ibeefa Empty
PostSubject: Re: Seat Ibeefa   Seat Ibeefa Icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2012 4:35 am

Josh w wrote:
Good your coming dude!! Got nice amount of cars for stand now Smile, prep All week for me Very Happy haha

going to be spotless, cant wait to see your car!
Back to top Go down
jhenderson
jhenderson

Seat Ibeefa Empty
PostSubject: Re: Seat Ibeefa   Seat Ibeefa Icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2012 7:57 am

small update

Thought I would try out the yellow fogs look and Im really pleased with the outcome. Ordered some yellow tint film off ebay for 5quid and got about A3 size sheet...

step 1 was to remove the foglight grill (strange how one side had a section of the bumper on it)

Seat Ibeefa 65b99cc4

step 2 was to remove the foglights itself from the bumper to get better access and improve quality of finish

Seat Ibeefa B01b0a27

step 3 was to cut a section of the film and peel back and cover it spreading the air out from the middle and cutting slits all the way around to attach to the back of the casing

Seat Ibeefa 1c92aea9

step 4 was to use a heat gun to stretch the film so it was tight and melt the slits on the side together for a solid finish

Seat Ibeefa 0d16eb77

step 5 trim any remaining bits of film off and pop any small air bubbles with a razor blade

Seat Ibeefa 41784b9f

Seat Ibeefa A933960a

the finished article, i know its only putting abit of see through film on some lights but if anyone gets stuck im sure this can help
Back to top Go down
Josh w
Forum God
Forum God
Josh w

Seat Ibeefa Empty
PostSubject: Re: Seat Ibeefa   Seat Ibeefa Icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2012 8:08 am

Like it mate Smile, can't wait to see yours either Very Happy, think everyone going for yellow tints on here haha!
Back to top Go down
jhenderson
jhenderson

Seat Ibeefa Empty
PostSubject: Re: Seat Ibeefa   Seat Ibeefa Icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2012 8:10 am

Josh w wrote:
Like it mate Smile, can't wait to see yours either Very Happy, think everyone going for yellow tints on here haha!

yellow ftw! was thinking of purple to match the future wheel colour but only road legal colour your allowed is yellow and white Sad
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Seat Ibeefa Empty
PostSubject: Re: Seat Ibeefa   Seat Ibeefa Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Seat Ibeefa
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next